Sometimes the best way to understand social norms is to violate them. Present of an example of deviant behavior that violates social norms and in so doing illustrates the norms. Explain whether or not you would expect this deviant behavior to illustrate DURKHEIM’S THREE FUNCTIONS OF DEVIANCE. In addition, apply labeling theory to address what would happen when the individual(s) enacting the deviant behavior were to be labeled as deviant. Be sure to fully explain the definition of deviance, Durkheim’s theory on functions of deviance, and labeling theory, in your paper, as well as use explicit examples to illustrate them.
To receive full credit follow these instructions:
1. Write two to three full pages, double-spaced using 12-point font.
2. Create a header in your word document and include your full name in the header.
3. Give your paper a title.
4. Write clearly and coherently, utilize proper grammar and spelling, and err on the side of being clear and concise rather than complicated and unclear.
5. Answer every aspect of the question completely.
6. Write in your own words; Do Not Quote
7. If you cite sources, be sure to cite them in the body of your paper as well as on a reference list at the end of the paper.
This assignment should be completed in Microsoft Word and submitted as an attachment.
Please know the assignment will be analyzed by Turnitin that detects identical assignments submitted by multiple students or material that is plagiarized from other sources. Any student caught plagiarizing will fail the course.
Don't use plagiarized sources. Get Your Custom Essay on