To begin, share something positive about their video. Please compliment them on something you liked about the video and offer them with some constructive criticism for how they might improve making videos in the future. Then, you must find ways to bring in some points from your textbook to have a conversation about communication apprehension and some ways to overcome it. Try to ask questions that will enhance everyone’s understanding of the key concepts. Peer replies must be 150 to 200 words
Please watch the video from the link that I provided, here is his outline of the video.
· My form of communication apprehension is dyadic, that is communication that occurs between two people.
· I am shy I have a hard time introducing myself to people for the first. I am shyer with talking to women the men. Taking to women is very difficult for me and I have multiple time where I tried to talk to a girl but due to anxiety that I had I did not even try to say hi
· Only way I could talk to them with some confidence is having a drink or two before hand. it’s not a healthy way to do it, but it was all I could do at the time.
· In Bevans Communication apprehension is describes the fear one feels of interactions with one particular individual and the subsequent desire to prevent or avoid such interactions
· In Bevan’s book, she talks about a better way overcome CA is to the first important step for developing interpersonal communication confidence is to better understand and acknowledge your own strengths and weaknesses. I need to have more confidence in myself and focus of the positives and what I can do, I need to have practice do that too, since went for so long thinking negatively.
· The TED talk video with Matthew Abrahams he talks about CA in public speaking but one good think is controlling your anxiety before it controls you. thinking of what you can do before you speak so you’re not as nervous
· What I need to do is have better communication with myself so I can have confidence with speaking to new people even that girl I like.