Go to this website: https://www.playbill.com/vault
OR use a program of your choosing.
Don't use plagiarized sources. Get Your Custom Essay on
View Shows by Season
Just from $13/Page
If you use Playbill:
Scroll down the landing page to “View shows by season.” Choose a year (2018-2019, for example) to see the list of programs, then choose a show from the list that pops up.
On the show page, scroll down to “Inside the Playbill,” which is a pdf of the program.
The goal for this Arts Journal entry is to analyze the arts writing in the program by considering these questions:
1. List the types of content in the program, in general. For example, there may be written elements, photos, advertisements, lists of donors, etc.
2. Now look at the writing, in particular. List the types of written content in the program:
· Are there, for example, bios, artist statements, plot summaries, historical notes or other written sections?
3. What proportion of the program is devoted to written elements, versus photos, advertising and other elements?
4. What do you notice about the length and style of written elements in the program?
· Consider, specifically, artist bios, artist statements, historical notes and plot summaries
· Who do you think writes these textual elements?
5. What have you learned about writing program notes from analyzing this program?
Please structure your journal entry as follows:
Title of play
Link to playbill
Answers to questions:
· Please answer #1, #2 and #3 in list (bullet point) format
· Please answer #4 and #5 in sentence form.
Posts are to be 150 – 250 words.