should respond clearly to each questions. no plagiarism please, and follow formalities. to submit sunday 28 November around 16:00 pm. wordcount 1500 words.
COURSE CODE: COURSE NAME: BCO 217 Digital Business 2nd Assignment Task brief & rubrics
Task: You are required to answer the following questions:
1. Explain what are the alternative payment systems like Paypal. Provide one example.
2. Analize the differences between traditional travel industry and the new digital platform travel ecosystems (for ex: Booking, TripAdvisor, Expedia).
3. Besides the examples given in the chapter, what are some other examples of vertical and horizontal portals in existence today?
4. What are the major differences between virtual storefronts, such as Bluefly, and bricks-and-clicks operations, such as Walmart? What are the advantages and disadvantages of each?.
5. Besides news and articles, what other forms of information or content do content providers offer?
6. Compare and contrast virtual merchants and bricks-and-clicks firms. What other type of online retailer is most like the virtual merchant?
7. What is the most common use of real estate websites? What do most consumers do when they go to them?
8. Why are on-demand service companies viewed as being disruptive and controversial?
· Wordcount:1500 words
· Cover, Table of Contents, References and Appendix are excluded of the total wordcount.
· Font: Arial 12,5 pts.
· Group of 2 people
· Text alignment: Justified.
· The in-text References and the Bibliography have to be in Harvard’s citation style.
· Expected structure: Table of contents, References & appendix.
· The format should be a document in the respective Turnitin link.
Submission & Weight: 2nd assignment – Week 9 – Sunday 28/11/2021 23:59 CEST – with a weighting of 30%.
It assesses the following learning outcomes: Identify current trends and technology in digital businesses;4. understand how digital technologies can be integrated within business;5. describe the digital business and compare it with non-digital businesses;6. analyze and assess different approaches to the development of digital platforms.
|Exceptional 90-100||Good 80-89||Fair 70-79||Marginal fail 60-69|
|Knowledge & Understanding (20%)||Student demonstrates excellent understanding of key concepts and uses vocabulary in an entirely appropriate manner.||Student demonstrates good understanding of the task and mentions some relevant concepts and demonstrates use of the relevant vocabulary.||Student understands the task and provides minimum theory and/or some use of vocabulary.||Student understands the task and attempts to answer the question but does not mention key concepts or uses minimum amount of relevant vocabulary.|
|Application (30%)||Student applies fully relevant knowledge from the topics delivered in class.||Student applies mostly relevant knowledge from the topics delivered in class.||Student applies some relevant knowledge from the topics delivered in class. Misunderstanding may be evident.||Student applies little relevant knowledge from the topics delivered in class. Misunderstands are evident.|
|Critical Thinking (30%)||Student critically assesses in excellent ways, drawing outstanding conclusions from relevant authors.||Student critically assesses in good ways, drawing conclusions from relevant authors and references.||Student provides some insights but stays on the surface of the topic. References may not be relevant.||Student makes little or none critical thinking insights, does not quote appropriate authors, and does not provide valid sources.|
|Communication (20%)||Student communicates their ideas extremely clearly and concisely, respecting word count, grammar and spellcheck||Student communicates their ideas clearly and concisely, respecting word count, grammar and spellcheck||Student communicates their ideas with some clarity and concision. It may be slightly over or under the wordcount limit. Some misspelling errors may be evident.||Student communicates their ideas in a somewhat unclear and unconcise way. Does not reach or does exceed wordcount excessively and misspelling errors are evident.|