Write a 3-4 page paper on the use of clinical reasoning in developing and applying advanced health history and physical assessment skills at the graduate level. Consider contemporary nursing literature on the development of clinical reasoning and decision-making. How does the use of the nursing process enhance critical thinking, clinical reasoning, and clinical judgment in professional nursing practice at the graduate level? Please use the submission parameters and rubric below to guide you when completing this assignment.
For this written assignment, please use the following guidelines and criteria. Also, please refer to the rubric for point allocation and assignment expectations. The expected length of the paper is 3-4 pages, which does not include the cover page and reference page(s).
I. Introduction of topic in one paragraph with a purpose statement
II. Clinical Reasoning
· Describe & define how clinical reasoning is used in developing and applying advanced health history and physical assessment skills at the graduate level.
· Differentiate clinical reasoning, critical thinking, clinical judgement ,& clinical decision-making.
III. Nursing Process
· Describe how the use of the nursing process enhances critical thinking, clinical reasoning, and clinical judgment in professional nursing practice at the graduate level.
IV. Clinical Example
· Discuss an example from your practice or the literature demonstrating the nurse’s use of critical thinking, clinical judgment, and clinical reasoning with the well-adult.
· Also discuss how nursing care is provided when each of these concepts are evidenced in care of the patient within one of the following patient populations: older adult, adolescent, or another special population of your choice.
VI. References (consider contemporary nursing research studies or reliable electronic sources)
Please use the following as a guide to follow APA formatting:
· Include a cover page and running head (this is not part of the 3 pages limit)
· Include transitions in your paper (i.e. headings or subheadings)
· Use in-text references throughout the paper
· Use double space, 12 point Times New Roman font
· Apply appropriate spelling, grammar, and organization
· Include a reference list (this is not part of the 3 pages limit)
· Attempt to use primary sources only. That said, you may cite reliable electronic sources (i.e. NCSBN, AANP)