· Read Ch.5, 7, 8, 9 before doing this assignment.
· All the questions are short answer questions. I do not have a length limit, but you should be able to answer each of the questions in approximately one or two paragraphs, 3-4 sentences each. Your report must have one-inch margins and use Times New Roman, 12-point font size, and be paginated.
· Submit your report in Word format to the designated dropbox on D2L.
Watch the two attached videos titled “Focus group 1” and “Focus group 2” and answer the following questions.
1. Are the women sensitive to the price of the shoes? Base your answer on evidence in video #2.
2. What do the women consider most when they bought the shoes they wear? Base your answer on evidence in video #2.
3. What are the most important characteristics of a good focus group moderator?
Part 2: Ch.7
Read the attached article titled “Do Women Like AXE Body Spray?” on page 2 and answer the following questions.
1. What is the primary research question the author wants to answer? Does his study answer the question correctly? Why?
2. Please identify all the potential sources of error in this survey study.
3. Are you convinced that AXE “is really a bad product” based on his evidences? Why?
Part 3: Ch.8
Finish Question 11 on page 230, “Outline a research design using observation for each of the following situations…”
Part 4: Ch.9
Finish Question 2 on page 263, “A tissue manufacturer that has the fourth-largest market share plans…”
Do Women Like AXE Body Spray?
I Conducted My Own Research to Find the Answer
Axe body spray is one of the most popular fragrances on the market today. Their cleverly done marketing campaign has allowed the company to grow from a nobody to a somebody nearly overnight. You know a product is popular when it even has a copycat product hit the market, that being TAG body spray. I have purchased various different kinds of Axe products and always wondered the same question: do women really prefer the smell of AXE over other name brands? To answer the question that I had always pondered, I decided to conduct my own research. I purchased several different AXE fragrances and went to the street. This might seem a tiny bit out of the ordinary, but I approached random females and asked them to smell a random AXE body spray. I wanted to find out how they felt about the product. I also wanted to know if they would want their significant other to ever wear it. The result surprised me quite a bit and tend to shine some new light on a product that is advertised to drive women crazy. Many of the women who agreed to smell the product were friendly and willing to help me reach some answers. An astounding number of the women enjoyed the smell. The exact number was forty two women in favor and five that were not. But when they were asked if they wanted their significant other to wear it, thirty eight of them said no way. Many of them felt that the AXE cologne has a cheaper smell than many others they have smelled. Plus, they feel as if AXE is mainly for people who sweat a lot and are trying to cover a body odor. Hence why you always see the man in the commercial spraying loads of AXE spray onto his body.
From my personal experience, AXE is cheaper than a lot of other colognes and body sprays. I have had the pleasure of wearing Sean Combs, GAP, and Very Sexy for Men. Each of these colognes/body sprays were more expensive than any of the AXE products. In my opinion, paying that extra price was worth it. AXE does smell like a cheap cologne that was thrown together and heavily marketed to cover up it’s flaws. That is why we see so many ads and commercials for the product. The company is trying to introduce people to the product through creating a false sense that women will want you more if you wear their product. They need to do this in order to sell the product, because no individual who truly wants to impress a lady would wear such a cheap fragrance on a date. Conducting a survey on the streets helped me realize how bad of a product AXE really is. I realize that I was spending my money when I bought many of their products. I feel as if I fell for the same clever marketing campaign that many other individuals have and continue to fall for. Personally, I hope this review helps you change your mind about the product and convinces you to stick with trying other colognes out there.