Gender as Boxes –
(Links to an external site.)
Don't use plagiarized sources. Get Your Custom Essay on
Gender as Boxes
Just from $13/Page
1) First, watch the video below for an introduction to the gender binary, a framework in which gender is comprised of two boxes.
2) Next, take two minutes to reflect and journal about the ways in which you have been taught that gender is a set of two boxes, male and female.
· Where have you seen these two boxes?
· What goes in these two boxes? For example, when have you been told “Boys/girls are …” or “Boys/girls can’t …” or “… is for boys/girls.”
· What will happen if you stay in the box you are told to fit in? What will happen if you leave the box you are told to fit in?
3) Then, watch Moran (2015) below for a shelf resource to balance with your self.
4) Now, take two more minutes to reflect and journal about balancing your own story from your self with Moran’s (2015) story from the shelf. What windows and mirrors came up for you?
5) Post your reflection on the discussion board below. Read and respectfully respond to other people’s posts.
Moran, G. (2016). Boys will be boys. Conejo Productions.