Discussion: Informal Mediation
Each week you will have the opportunity to learn, practice, and then assess your knowledge through readings, lectures, discussion forums, and assignments or tests.
Handbook of Improving Performance in the Workplace, Volume 3, Measurement and Evaluation
James L. Moseley, Joan C. Dessing
To prepare for this Discussion, pay particular attention to the following Learning Resources:
· Review this week’s Learning Resources, especially:
· Read Week 1 Lecture – See Word doc . “Evaluating Results”
· Developing performance – https://youtu.be/9WRUWVPtvLg
· Performance Management – Performance Management | Human Resources (ucdavis.edu)
· Binder, C. (2001). Measurement: A few important ideas. Performance Improvement, 40(3), 20–28. Available online at www.binder-riha.com/measurement_ideas.pdf.
· Binder, C. (2002, March/2004, November). Measurement counts! www.performancexpress.org.
· Binder, C. (2003, March). Using surveys and questionnaires. In Measurement counts! Online monthly column at www.performancexpress.org/0303/mainframe0303.html#title5.
· This week you were introduced to the three (3) conditions that must be in place in order to show performance management.
· (1) clear, measurable goals;
· (2) measurement feedback provided to the performers in order to make decisions; and
· (3) the ability to control resources and conditions if the measurement feedback indicates need for a change.
· Analyze the use of these tools using your workplace as an example.
· In addition, expand upon how the three conditions are applied and how they may be used for workplace improvement.
· 3 – 4 paragraphs
· No plagiarism
· APA citing