Watch https://mediaplayer.pearsoncmg.com/assets/civillit4e_cs_fees_and_billing_issue_using_time_effectively through to the narrator’s questions. Answer the following:
- What should Judy have done to avoid this problem?
- How could she help the lawyer out and keep her time billable?
Watch the second clip on this video (Judy’s experience with Dante), and answer the following:
Don't use plagiarized sources. Get Your Custom Essay on
Video Case Study
Just from $13/Page
- What should Judy do with the five hours she spent looking for the information?
- Do you think it was “wasted time?”
- Who decides what is ultimately billed to the client?
- What is your role, as a paralegal, in client billing?
Video Case Study #2 Questions:
Watch https://media.pearsoncmg.com/ph/streaming/careers/2013/mylegalstudieslab/Paralegal_and_Professional/PP04_Fees_Billing_Contemp_Time_Keeping.html all the way through. Answer the following:
- If you are already a working paralegal/legal assistant, can you relate to Dante’s conundrum? If you are not currently working in the legal field, do you see this as a potential situation with which you might be faced?
- What rule is Dante breaking?
- What should Dante be doing to prevent this problem?
- What should he do now that he cannot reconstruct his day?
- What would be fair for his clients?
Video Case Study #3 Questions:
Watch the first 10 seconds of https://mediaplayer.pearsoncmg.com/assets/civillit4e_cs_fees_and_billing_issue_using_time_effectively and then pause. Answer the following:
- Did you see anything that Attorney Saunders did wrong? If so, what?
Watch the rest of the video.
- Do you think Alicia repaired the error Saunders made?
- What’s the difference between Alicia’s ethical duties and Mr. Saunders’ here?
- Alicia gives the client her business card. Is that UPL or misrepresentation?