Maria Gonzalez is a first-year Head Start teacher. She is enjoying her work but is particularly challenged by one of the families in her classroom. The Martinez family consists of Rosa, a young single mother; Diego, a charming four-year-old who is very shy; and an elderly grandmother who speaks no English.
- How might Rosa benefit from her daily conversations with Maria?
- What are some of the things Diego learns as he watches his mother and teacher talk together each day?
- How might Maria benefit as a teacher by her close communication with this family?
- Consider any potential barriers that Maria should be aware of and ways these could be overcome.
- Create a list of behaviors and attitudes that may act as barriers from them—that is, what would make parents feel uncomfortable with teachers, and teachers uncomfortable with parents?
Don't use plagiarized sources. Get Your Custom Essay on
Benefits and Barriers in Teacher-Family Partnerships
Just from $13/Page