J.S., a 72-year-old woman of Asian descent, has just transferred to your practice. She had a hysterectomy 8 years ago and has not been on hormone replacement therapy. She is 5 ft 2 inches tall and weighs 102 lb. She has had a sedentary lifestyle (she was a secretary and retired 2 years ago). She drinks four glasses of wine a day. Her mother died at age 62 from complications of a hip fracture. J.S.’s sister was just diagnosed with metastatic breast cancer. You prescribe a DEXA scan, and the T-score is −2.6 SD.
Don't use plagiarized sources. Get Your Custom Essay on
Just from $13/Page
1. Explain 3 specific goals of therapy for J.S.
2. What drug therapy would you prescribe? include
3. What are the parameters for monitoring the success of the therapy?
4. Discuss 2 specific aspects of patient education based on the prescribed therapy.
5. Explain two adverse reactions for the selected drug that would cause you to change therapy.
6. What OTC or alternative medicines might be appropriate for this patient?
7. What dietary and lifestyle changes might you recommend?
8. Describe one drug–drug and one drug–food interactions for the selected drug