3. The reading and lecture state that changes in social welfare policy develops from conflict and tension. Explain in your own words why and how this process occurs. Give at least two examples.
4. List the three main debates that involve the economy and social welfare. In your own words, briefly discuss the conflict between efficiency and equality.
5. A paradigm shift happened during the 1960s and 1970s that changed the study and understanding of “collective behavior.” State and briefly discuss what led to this major shift in public policy and what was the impact on the social movement theory?
6. Briefly state how the significance of race was reinforced in housing policies. What was the negative effects of housing policies and how ae they evident in the present day?
7. For most people to participate in social movements, the social movement message must make sense. Briefly discuss the role of “collective action frames” in winning supporters, accumulating resources, and legitimizing the cause of a social movement.