The World Health Organization helps countries to implement the WHO FCTC for tobacco control. in 2008, WHO developed MPOWER– six tobacco control measures of proven cost-effectiveness and ability to save lives. If implemented as a package, these measures protect against the illness and death that the tobacco epidemic will otherwise inevitably bring.
• Monitor tobacco use and prevention policies
• Protect people from tobacco smoke
• Offer help to quit tobacco use
• Warn about the dangers of tobacco
• Enforce bans on tobacco advertising, promotion and sponsorship
• Raise taxes on tobacco
1. Find Fiji’s country’s profile on the Global Tobacco Report 2021 (look in the Annex for country data)
Don't use plagiarized sources. Get Your Custom Essay on
2 other interesting facts from the report (such as deaths, use of smokeless tobacco, use among children, etc.)
4. Along with the data above, post here a one-paragraph (10-15 sentences) analysis of the MPOWER policies that are implemented in your country (for example, where it is doing well and which policies are lagging behind).