2. The last interval of Cretaceous time is the _____.
3. Only late Maastrichtian dinosaur localities in _____ yield enough dinosaur fossils and have been collected and studied sufficiently to produce a detailed pattern of the distribution in geologic time of the last dinosaurs.
b. western Europe
c. western North America
4. The two conflicting patterns of diversity decline seen in the Maastrichtian dinosaurs of western North America result, in part, from _____.
a. differing identifications
b. different amounts of collecting
c. different locomotory patterns
d. a and b
5. Quartz grains with laminar deformations generated by high-speed shock in laboratories, at nuclear test sites, and near impact craters are called _____.
d. shocked quartz
6. The cause of dinosaur extinction was _____.
a. an asteroid impact
b. an ecological collapse
c. egg-eating mammals
d. a or b
7. True or False–The selectivity of the terminal Cretaceous extinction merits an explanation.
8. True or False– Paleontologists do not fully agree on the pattern of the terminal Cretaceous extinction.