Complete of the following chapter exercises and share your impressions. The emphasis should be on your awareness of your thoughts and feelings.
Don't use plagiarized sources. Get Your Custom Essay on
A Simple Body Appreciation Activity
Just from $13/Page
1. Do I spend a lot of time worrying about what other people think about my appearance?
2. Do I spend more time thinking about what I dislike about my appearance than what I like about it?
3. Is my appearance really important in how I evaluate my self-worth?
4. Do I avoid activities, people, or situations due to feeling self-conscious about my appearance?
5. Do I spend a lot of money, time, or effort attempting to “fix” my appearance flaws, or trying to look “perfect?”
6. Does my satisfaction with my appearance dictate my mood, or how happy I feel that day?
7. Do I often compare my appearance to others or check my appearance in mirrors?
8. Do I find myself seeking reassurance from others about my appearance or dismissing compliments I receive about my appearance?
9. Do I believe that my appearance is largely responsible for much of what’s happened to me in my life, or believe that I can control my future by improving my appearance?
10. Do my feelings about my appearance get in the way of accepting myself or enjoying my life?