Watch the video “Planarian Regeneration and Stem Cells” Link
1. What human organ can regenerate an entire piece if it has been lost through damage or surgery?
Don't use plagiarized sources. Get Your Custom Essay on
Planarian Regeneration and Stem Cells
Just from $13/Page
2. Which vertebrate can regenerate an entire limb?
3. Planarians are in the phylum _______________, class ______________.
4. Planarians ingest their food using a ______________.
5. Planarians are described as ______________ phototactic; they move away from light.
6. If cut in half in the laboratory, planarians regenerate the missing half. In their natural
environments, do planarians regenerate? If so, how is this beneficial?
7. The stem-like cells in planarians are called ________________.
8. How many genes have been found to be involved with regeneration in planarians?
9. The protein SMEDWI found in planarians is similar to proteins found in ___________ and
10. What benefits to humans might be made through planarian regeneration research?