Prior to beginning work on this discussion, watch the Heists: Cybercrimes with Ben Hammersley video below.
There are many obstacles for a criminal justice professional or a private citizen or corporation to
Don't use plagiarized sources. Get Your Custom Essay on
The Internet As A Crime Scene
Just from $13/Page
collect evidence at an electronic crime scene. Last week we examined how traditional notions of crime scene preservation may transfer into the world of cyber crime investigations. This discussion requires you to explain the details and the potential issues with gaining admissible, crime scene evidence for a virtual crime. The five elements provide the minimal requirements for crime scene preservation and data collection. Provide as much detail as possible in your initial post.
Your 400 word minimum initial post for this discussion will detail the following:
- Explain how digital evidence must be handled to preserve the integrity of the physical device as well as the data it contains.
- Examine how some digital evidence requires special collection, packaging, and transportation techniques.
- What are the special considerations for various forms of data?
- List the ways that data can be damaged.
- Explain how investigators avoid damaging data.
- Analyze how communication devices like computers, mobile phones, smart phones, and tablets should be secured and prevented from receiving or transmitting data once they are identified and collected as evidence.