Don't use plagiarized sources. Get Your Custom Essay on
Just from $13/Page
|Discuss the various socioeconomic life transitions that the older adult will face in relation to:
· Declining function
· Shrinking social world
· Late-Stage Divorce
· Late-Stage remarriage
· Grand parenting
· Reduced income
· Retirement, including the phases of retirement
· Role changes
· Awareness of mortality
Purpose of Life Transitions Assignment: To interview an older adult (over the age of 65 years) on their late life transitions. Then discuss/analyze the relevant older adult life transitions as it compares/contrasts with the course content.
Instructions for Assignment:
1. Interview an older adult (someone over 65 years of age). Note their approximate age. This person can be a friend, relative, neighbor, parent, or grandparent or someone you have met in the community. Acknowledge that you were instructed to interview an interesting person for your school assignment.
2. Develop your questions based on adult life transitions as it relates to a person’s lived experience.
3. When choosing a time for the interview, consider when the person feels most comfortable.
4. Consider the length of time you will be taking.
5. Assure the interviewee that they may refuse to answer any question.
6. Be empathic and nonjudgmental. Remember that the person is honoring you by sharing his/her life story.
7. Write a 4-6-page paper analyzing the person’s lived experience. Do not use their name or location to maintain confidentiality.
8. Choose 4 or 5 late-life transitions that apply to your interviewee’s lived experience to analyze.