How do people make choices about which pharmacy to go to? Paul Gauvreau decided to find out
by asking customers why they were shopping in one particular store.
Don't use plagiarized sources. Get Your Custom Essay on
Grounds for Loyalty
Just from $13/Page
• “I shop here because it’s close to where I live.” (The convenience shopper.)
• “I like the pharmacist, I trust him/her.” (This customer has a good relationship with their pharmacist.)
• “The staff makes me feel like part of the family.”
• “I feel like they care about my health.”
• “The entire atmosphere in this store reminds me of home, where I felt welcome.”
• “I don’t feel like another number here or just another patient. They really care about me.”
Paul concluded that this pharmacy succeeded in differentiating itself from the competition in a
unique way: by how they made their customers feel—and this is what will generate the most
intimate loyalty in a customer.