1. How should Target differentiate its assortment online and in stores?
Would you offer channel-specific product exclusives? Why?
2. Price: How will your pricing strategy differ by channel, if at all? Determine a profitable
pricing strategy for the entire season. When is it important to price aggressively?
3. Promotions: How will your promotional cadence vary throughout the season? How and
when will you leverage stores/.com/mobile to drive your strategy? How will you deliver
relevant promotions during the middle of December? How can you create an omni-channel
promotional event and what is the best timing for this? What tools will you use or develop to
support your promotions (think Cartwheel, Twitter, Wish List, Instagram, Facebook, etc.)?
4. Place / Supply Chain: How will you use Free Shipping, Store Pickup and Ship from Store
to differentiate and drive your strategy?
Product Categories: Kids’ categories span many product categories at Target. What categories
should Target prioritize for Holiday? Are there certain categories that are more appropriate for
stores or Target.com? Why? Pay special attention to categories where Target can differentiate
itself from the competition. Are there certain Kids categories Target doesn’t carry that it should?
• Team: How should digital and store buyers approach decisions about assortment, pricing, and
promotions? Remember, the guest demands consistency across channels. What other issues
might you consider in planning with buyers in other departments and categories?
• Stores: Remember to consider store execution in how your strategies will be implemented.