You are a communications consultant being asked to create a storyboard presentation for a campaign sponsored by an organization looking to engage their audience in some way. The details for each scenario are vague, allowing you to add your own details if you would like, but you cannot revise or remove what is already listed in the scenario.
Choose one of the following scenarios:
· A non-profit organization focused on saving endangered wildlife wants to raise awareness about the impact of natural disasters on wildlife.
· A non-profit organization that operates a food pantry and kitchen is having difficulty retaining volunteers to work in positions that do not directly work with the people the organization serves (such as stocking shelves and early morning kitchen prep).
· A non-profit organization that works with LGBTQIA+ youth is looking to promote their new 24/7 crisis text line service and recruit volunteers to work as crisis counselors.
· A for-profit organization that manufactures furniture wants to increase the sales of its new line of tables that can extend in multiple directions to accommodate up to 20 people.
· A for-profit organization that provides financial planning services wants to announce its new office in a country outside of the United States.
· A county public health department is concerned that the people living in the county do not trust their information or recommendations because of the negative implications of being a government organization.
Create a story pitch for your direct supervisor that provides an overview of the story message and the target audience. The message of the story must discuss both the organization’s objectives (why the organization is creating the story) and what the overall message will be (the ideas intended for the audience to take away from the story). When defining target audience, it is important to choose an audience that will help the organization achieve the goal. It is likely that there will be many different audiences who can help the organization achieve the goal, so it will be up to you to choose one of those audiences to focus on.
Specifically, you must address the following rubric criteria:
· Identify the communication goal of your story and the story’s overarching message.
· Describe the target audience for the story (demographic, geographic, and psychographic details) and the data sources you used to research your target audience.
· Justify how your communication goal and story message relate to the cultural experiences of the audience and how your message could influence them.
· Explain why this story will grab the audience’s attention.