The Redmond Child Protective Services wants to compare the effectiveness of two programs provided to parents who were identified as being at risk for abusing or neglecting their children. The parents either participated in a 10-week parenting course or 10 weeks of family therapy sessions. The evaluator compared 50 parents who participated in the parenting course and 45 parents who participated in the therapy program. The evaluator was looking at whether the parents were suspected of abuse or neglect one year after completing services (that is, there was another report of abuse or neglect). The Redmond local government is hesitant to invest in family therapy, as it is a much costlier service than a parenting class.
For this assignment:
Don't use plagiarized sources. Get Your Custom Essay on
Just from $13/Page
- Review the Unit 6 Dataset, given in the resources, which includes 95 cases. The two variables are types of intervention program (parenting classes or family therapy) and subsequent status in the child welfare system (no suspicion of abuse or neglect orsuspicion of abuse or neglect).
- Review the tutorial in this unit’s first study, which demonstrates a chi-square test of independence.
Now, complete the following in a one-page, APA-formatted paper:
- Conduct a chi-square test on the dataset to determine if one program had better outcomes than the others. Include a copy of JASP output.
- Provide the result of the statistical analysis. Was there a significant association between type of program and subsequent status in the child welfare system?
- Write a narrative explaining the implications of the findings for future programming and funding priorities. What are the potential limitations of the program evaluation results?