One of the characteristics of an effective critical thinker is his or her ability to develop strategies for coping with adversity rather than giving up or becoming embittered. Think of a hardship—personal, academic, or financial—that you are facing. Develop a strategy for coping with or overcoming the hardship by integrating the following components in your 4 to 5-page reflective essay.
· Explain how a Stage 1* approach in Cognitive Development applies here and identify its limitations.
Don't use plagiarized sources. Get Your Custom Essay on
Just from $13/Page
· (*Note: Stage 1, Dualism: There are right and wrong answers. Authorities know the right answers.)
· Identify at least 3 characteristics of a good critical thinker to help you overcome your hardship.
· Identify at least 3 of the more common barriers that most apply to you and how to best overcome them.
· Discuss the role of emotion in your approach to your hardship, identifying both negative and positive emotions and their impact on your strategy.
· Discuss whether or not faith or spirituality plays any role in your strategy and how its presence, or lack of it, is key to your success.