Jill, a 24 y/o Hispanic female arrives in the emergency room where her parents brought her for evaluation. They are worried because she is giving away all of her possessions and says she is planning to move to the South Pole so she can “save the world.” Her parents say that she has hardly been sleeping at all for the last 7 days, but she seems very energetic. They say she has appeared to be “in a frenzy” lately. When you interview Jill you notice that she speaks very rapidly and is laughing uncontrollably. It is hard to get her to be quiet long enough for you to ask questions. She seems agitated and has difficulty sitting still.
Don't use plagiarized sources. Get Your Custom Essay on
Evidence-based Treatment Plan
Just from $13/Page
- Summarize the clinical case including the significant subjective and objective data.
- Generate a primary and two differential diagnoses. Use the DSM5 to support the assessment. Include the DSM5 and ICD 10 codes.
- Discuss a pharmacological treatment would you prescribe? Use the clinical guidelines to support the rationale for this treatment.
- Discuss non-pharmacological treatment would you prescribe? Use the clinical guidelines to support the rationale for this treatment.
- Describe a health promotion intervention that would be appropriate for this patient.