▪ Define forensic science and how it contributes to a case, as well as explain the CSI Effect and the scientific method.
▪ Summarize the history of forensic science and contributors to the field.
Don't use plagiarized sources. Get Your Custom Essay on
Just from $13/Page
▪ List and describe some forensic science specialties.
▪ Identify the elements of a forensic investigation, how physical evidence can be produced, and forensic analysis.
▪ Describe the work and work product of a forensic scientist.
▪ Describe the U.S. court system, and the key rulings on physical evidence admissibility through expert testimony.
▪ List and discuss major issues in forensic science today.
▪ Describe firearms, projectiles, and cartridge casings and the role each plays in investigations.
▪ Describe proper collection and handling of firearms evidence.
▪ Explain firearms analysis and conclusions formed from the evidence.
▪ Describe gunshot residue and how it is analyzed.
▪ Identify tools, their marks, and how this evidence is collected and analyzed.
▪ Explain how documents are collected and analyzed.