For this study, participants were split into 3 groups based on the type of exercise they engage in (martial arts, general exercise, or no exercise). I wanted to see if there was a difference in the proportion of male and female participants in the different exercise types. To do so, I ran a chi square test of independence to determine whether there was a significant relationship between the variables. Answer the following questions using the output below:
· How many people did I sample total?
Don't use plagiarized sources. Get Your Custom Essay on
Chi Square Test of Independence
Just from $13/Page
· Which of the exercise groups had the same amount of male and female participants?
· Which gender had higher numbers in general exercise?
· Which gender had higher numbers in the no exercise group?
· Which exercise group had the highest number of people total in it?
· Was there a significant relationship between exercise type and gender? How do you know?
· Write out the statistical string of information for this test. It should be formatted like this: 2(df, N=##)= Chi-square value, p=###
a. Make sure that you put the actual number in for the df, the chi-square value, and the ## after N and p
· In your own words, what do the results of this test tell you about these 2 variables?