3. How did Yerkes suggest that psychologists help in the war effort? What was the effort that resulted from this suggestion?
4. What arguments were offered in opposition to the contention that intelligence tests were measuring one, innate, factor of intelligence (g)?
5. Describe some of the areas where U.S. psychologists have contributed to psychometrics.
6. Discuss the work of David Wechsler. What is the current status of intelligence tests?
7. Where do most psychologists today stand on the nature–nurture question as it applies to intelligence? In what way was the controversy surrounding the publication of The Bell Curve the same as that surrounding the Burt “scandal”?