1. The most important difference between computers and other machines is that computers ______.
a) are faster
b) have a memory
c) can print words
d) can play a game
2. A computer needs a memory so that it can __________________.
a) display results
b) understand numbers
c) make calculations
d) store instructions
3. A computer is different from a calculator because a computer can ___________.
a) be programmed to do different things
b) do more difficult operations
c) complete a task faster
d) remember instructions
4. What can be inferred about machines that are not calculators or computers?
a) They have simple memory and processing units.
b) They cannot store information in a memory.
c) They are less expensive than computers.
d) They are older than computers.
5. What is the main purpose of the passage?
a) To explain how computers and calculators work
b) To summarize the history of technology
c) To discuss innovative developments in the technology
d) To compare computers and calculators with other machines
6. According to the passage, one function of the memory unit is______.
a) to send codes to the display unit
b) to store temporary results during calculation
c) to alter basic arithmetic instructions
d) to control the keyboard
7. Which of the following statements is NOT TRUE about calculators?
a) Sending codes takes place only in the memory unit of a calculator. b) Calculators require a lot of instructions to operate quickly. c) Calculators and computers have a memory. d) Pressing a key activates a calculator.