Put the verb into the correct form, present perfect or past simple. The first one has been done as an example.
e.g. It _____________ (stop) raining for a while, but now it’s raining again.
It stopped raining for a while, but now it’s raining again.
1. The town is very different. It ______________(change) a lot.
2. I studied some Ge’ez language at school, but I ______________ (forget) most of it now.
3. The police ___________(arrest) three people, but later they let them go.
4. What do you think of my English? Do you think it _______________ (improve)?
5. I ________________ (apply) for a job as a tourist guide, but I wasn’t successful.
6. A: Where’s my bike?
B: It __________________(be) outside the house, but it’s not there now.
7. Look! There’s an ambulance over there. There _________________(be) an accident.
8. A: Do you know about Samrawit?
B: She ______________(give up) her job.
9. I don’t know where Lelise is. _____you ____________(see) her?
10. When I ___________(get) home last night, I __________(be) very tired and I ____________
(go) straight to bed.
11. Chala _____________ (work) in a bank for 15 years. Then he gave it up.
12. Molla lives in Arba Minch. He _______________(live) there all her life.
13. My grandfather __________(die) before I was born. I ___________ (never meet) him.
14. I don’t know her husband. I ______________(never meet) him.
15. Albert Einstein ____________(be) the scientist who ______________(develop) the theory of